Motor Control(Induction, BLDC, PMSM, etc.)
Power Conversion(PWM Inverter and PWM Converter)
Power Quality(DVR, Static VAC, etc.)
Ph.D., Seoul National University, Korea, 1996
1. Kim, J. M., Kim, S. Y., Ryu, H. S., and Lim, I. H., "Study of Maximum Torque Operation of Inyerior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor in Constant Torque Region," Journal of Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 49B, No. 3, pp. 10-15, 2000.
2. Jeon, S. J., Kim, J. M., Jung, K. C., Sul, S. K., and Choi, J. Y., "Decoupling Control of Bridle Rolls for Steel Mill Drive System," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 119-125, 1999.
3. Kim, J. M., and Sul, S. K., "Speed Control of Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Drive for the Flux Weakening Operation," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 700-708, 1999.
4. Ryu, H. S., Kim, J. M., Kim, S. Y., and Lim, I. H., "Development of generator excitation system with main/standby controller in Inchun thermal power plant #4," Journal of Korean Institute of Powew Electronics, Vol. 48, No. 6, pp. 507-514, 1999.
5. Kang, S. J., Kim, J. M., and Sul, S. K., "Position Sensorless Control of Synchronous Reluctance Motor Using High Frequency Current Injection," IEEE Transaction on Energy Conversion, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 43-48, 1997.
Assistant Professor, Pusan National University, Korea (2001-Present)
Sensior Member of Technical Staff, KEPRI(Korea Electric Power Research Institute, Korea (1997-2001)
Professional Societies & Activities
Member, KIEE, KIPE, IEEE
Honors and Awards
Outstanding Paper Award, The Metal Industry Committee of the Industry Applications Society, U.S.A. (1997)
Best Thesis Prize, The Korea Institute of Electrical Engineers, Korea (1998)
International Joint Research & Activities